Explore Amsterdam and do it the Dutch way, hire a bike, you will immediately feel part of the community and it’s the fastest way around this wonderful city.
Alternatively, some short walks will see you visiting masterful museums, Van Gogh and Rembrandt to name but two. A worthy venue is the Anne Frank museum, a well collated history of her life and family is an eye opener. Your base for this trip is the seaside resort of Noordwijk-aan-Zee, where you will find Amsterdam and the surrounding areas easy to access.
What to do…
- Anne Frank’s House
- Canal boat trip
- Van Gogh Museum
- Zaannse Schans Windmill Village
- Zuiderzee Museum
- The Delta Expo
- Rembrandt’s House Museum
- Ajax Football Museum
- Cheese Farm & Clog Factory
- Artis (zoo)
- Nemo Science Museum
Outside of the city:
- Rotterdam – Spido Harbour boat & Euromast Space Tower
- The Hague – Madurodam & Sea Life Centre
- Volendam & Marken (windmill tour)
- Duinrell Theme Park
- Walibi Holland Theme Park
- Day 1Start the tour with a visit to the interactive NEMO Science Centre. Follow this with a visit to the Van Gogh Museum and finish with some cheese tasting at a traditional Dutch warehouse.
- Day 2Experience the open air conservation area and museum of Zaanse Schans windmill village, before the moving experience of Anne Frank’s House. End the day with a scenic canal boat trip.
- Day 3Enjoy a fun-filled day at Walibi theme park or Duinrell theme park.
- Day 4Tour the Amsterdam Arena (home to Ajax FC) or spend your last day in Rotterdam, taking in the Euromast Space Tower and the Spido harbour boat.